Saturday, February 7, 2009

Muffin Press Pass: UNC/UVA: SECOND HALF

--13:19 left: Well, the Tar Heels seem to have a little more pep in their step to start off the second half, but it’s still a pretty lousy game so far. With Duke waiting for the Tar Heels on Wednesday I think the Heels have what I would like to coin as a “hang-under” waiting for the Blue Devils. 3-pointer, and one for Wayne Wonder. Nice.

----7:56 left: I am so flipping sick of “official timeouts.” Can you imagine how much shorter games would be without these ridiculous play stoppages? Oh well. North Carolina is starting to finally stretch their lead (58-40) but it is definite now that the Heels mailed this one in. Can’t say that I blame them, but we would all like to see more intensity, right? Hansbrough has had yet another solid game, and I hope he’s got more in store the final 8 minutes. However, it seems like the UNC offense is becoming more and more perimeter-oriented. Sort of unexpected in my opinion.

--1:15 and counting left: So this one is over. The "Blue Team" is in, and I don't particularly care about their exploits. I appreciate what they do, but I don't go nuts over them hitting 3 pointers. Lackluster performance overall today. Obviously, this wouldn't get it done versus Duke. Annnnd it's final: UNC 76, UVA 61. TO DURHAM!

No comments: