Saturday, July 10, 2010

This and That

The lack of posting around America's holiday, July 4th, is regrettable.  I hope your Uncle Sam Jam was great, and I hope you enjoyed enough burgers/hotdogs/homemade ice cream to make you puke.  I also hope you got to witness large, colorful, projectile explosive displays.  Various things to get to that are not related.  I think bullet points will be the most efficient way to attack this:

  •  American flag swimming trunks and bathing suits are becoming more popular.  I've seen 4 friends and 2 summer camp kids wearing American flag-themed bathing suits.  Awesome.  Keep up the good work, America.
  • I still haven't watched a minor league baseball game this summer.  The last time I did something that un-American was when I agreed to end a pick-up basketball game in a tie...which brings me to my next bullet.
  • A few critics have pointed out my failure to mention the World Cup and the United States' performance in the World Cup.  Well America didn't win, and they didn't have a great chance, either.  And why would I talk about the World Cup on this site?  Does anyone out there really think it fits the mission or the goals of this site?  The answer is no.
  • LeBron James.  What the heck is wrong with Americans and especially the media?  Why in the heck did people give that dude that much coverage for signing with a basketball team.  It's a game.  A daggum game.  I thought I could flip over to MSNBC to avoid the useless commentary on James, but no.  They were talking about James and the Miami Heat instead of tea parties, BP, the economy, and Al Gore's whereabouts.
  • I've got 2 awesome peeps lined up for a podcast that should be posted tomorrow night.  Keep a look out.  It'll be fun.

No comments: