Saturday, March 6, 2010

An Interview with Alabama Starter, Brian Selman: Parts 1, 2, and 3 (click links below)

 

-The Muffin-Cast is back.  Brian Selman was kind enough to talk to me about playing football at Alabama and winning a national championship.  In part one, Brian and I talk about what it was like on the field at the Rose Bowl; their upcoming trip to the White House and Obama's desire for a playoff system in D-1 football; and the challenge of balancing school and football.


-In part 2, Selman explains how important football is to the people of Alabama. He talks about his reaction to Monday morning quarterbacking and negative fan reaction.  He explains what it’s like for Alabama football players to go out in public in Tuscaloosa, and he lets us know about his new job with the Pittsburgh Pirates.  You might also enjoy the classic Bear Bryant bite to start off the podcast.  Roll Tide!


-In part 3, Brian talked about his heroes, his thoughts on Nick Saban, and the upcoming transition from college athlete to full-time employee.  


-In other news, I can finally sleep at night because I've found my t-shirt for race day at Talladega on April 25th.  It wasn't easy.  As my NASCAR brethren know, your race day shirt is special because it speaks for you in the case that you can't speak for yourself at that point...I however, intend to party responsibly this time.

-Anyway, your race day shirt must scream 1 of 2 things:  1.  I love America or 2. I love this driver.  I went with number 1.  I feel I acomplished my goal.  Purple Mountains' majesty, bald eagles, and take a look at lady liberty hangin out in the mountain just left of center.
 


No comments: