Monday, January 11, 2010

First Ever Podcast: John Wayne, John F. Kennedy, John Stillman and More! Click "Americana With the Muffin" below!

--This has been a long time coming.  Hope it's enjoyable.  Thoughts, comments, suggestions would be much appreciated.  Click the link and enjoy the digital party that is Americana With the Muffin
--Speaking of parties I would like to pass along an experience I had in the first class of my Spring semester at Alabama.  It's on of my core classes in the Sport Management curriculum.  The professor asked every one of us to get up and tell our name, home town, our dream job, and we also had to sell ourselves on why we would be good for that job.  Obviously, we heard the typical responses:  athletic director, sports agent, marketing exectutive, student information director, etc.  Well, I had to speak from my heart.  After about 15 students it was my turn..."Hi my name's Casey Sturgill.  I'm from Walnut Cove, North Carolina.  I would like to work in sports for several years to earn some money to start my real job.  I would like to own and run a bar and grill in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.  I believe I would be perfect for this job because I like party, I feel I know how to party, and I feel I can facilitate the perfect party.  Thank you."

--The professor responded, "Well that's certainly unique. I have family in Cary, North Carolina.  Next."

No comments: