Monday, March 30, 2009

For Update's Sake!

--It's been a while. It has been, a while. Muffin Matters is back and ready to go. First off, congratulations to the UNC basketball team on making it to the Final Four. I am ready to party on Franklin Street; make it happen Heels.
--Now. To business. Let's get right to it. First off, I still hate hippies. John Wayne is still my hero. Next, America would be better off without Alex Rodriguez, Brittney Spears, Keith Olberman, AND Bill O'Reilly. The NCAA tournament is more American than you may realize. It teaches us that there are winners and losers in this great land. Someone must fail. If nobody fails, no one will succeed. Three cheers to the NCAA basketball tournament.
--I feel bad for Barack Obama. Something tells me he's up in the Oval office all by himself analyzing everything there is to analyze with the economy, foreign policy, health care, etc. Something also tells me he's distracted by a recurring thought about being president: "Well, this blows."
--Eric Church is the best thing to hit the country music landscape since Chris Ledoux and Dwight Yokam. He's a North Carolina native, and he's the best songwriter around. Get his new album, 'Carolina' ASAP. He's also a Tar Heel fan (deal with it Wolfies).
--Lastly, I am more discouraged than ever about the perceptions of the vertically challenged. Ladies, when talking about a man below 5'10" tall it is inaccurate and irritating to use terms such as 'adorable,' 'awwwwww!,' 'Oh, he is so cute' (like a Teddy Bear), or 'he's like a little brother.' One girl recently told me that her friend wanted her to pass a message along to me. The message was, "Tell him I think is soooo adorable." The message I sent back was, "Tell her I want to kick her in the back of the head."
--That brings me to a not so bad misconception of small people. Consider first what would happen if a tall and bulky man were to tell a girl, "I want to kick you in the back of the head." Everyone would say that the large guy is just a jerk or an a-hole with a big macho-man attitude. Now, consider what happens if someone my size or smaller tells a girl that he wants to kick a girl in the back of the head. The girl involved or the messenger will likely think and say something along these lines: "He's a psycho! He is absolutely crazy." That's right my short friends, there might actually be something cool about our size...You can freak people out.
--Until next time everyone. Thanks for reading.

No comments: